Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Baby Blankies!

I've discovered a new craft that I LOVE making. I know, you're shocked. Anyway, it seems we've entered the next stage in our lives. Babies. I mean not our babies. Our friends babies...but still. That means lots of sweet baby gifts that I get to make! I love them b/c the sewing only involves straight lines. I am finding that while I do enjoy sewing I'm not patient/talented enough for much sewing beyond the good old straight line. So these are sweet! No patterns, no curves.

My favorite part, of course, is embellishing! These first two I made this winter when two co workers had baby girls (Brooklyn & Khloe) w/in weeks of each other.



Then came Canon Cole. Canon's mama made the CUTEST birds to decorate his room w/ so I thought I'd stick w/ the theme.



Then baby Ruth's. I'm so excited about the fabric/colors for hers! I also got a little crazy with the border in the last two :) I really like how it looks, I just wish I were a better seamstress...but what can ya do?



So that's what I've been up to. What do you think? What's your recent favorite thing to make? I'm always up for a new idea!

<3 Ash

1 comment:

  1. Hey, no way! We're twin bloggers! :) Your blankets are so beautiful Ashley! I can't wait to see more of your work! We miss you guys so much! We'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...