Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Sabbath



I woke up with quite a to do list today. Ah, but alas, the sun was shining & the birds were singing... and I made the tough decision to let the ever important list simmer on the proverbial back burner for another 24 hours.

So I stayed in bed a little longer snuggling with my men (and by men I mean 1 man 1 dog).

I made oatmeal with fresh berries and sipped coffee on the deck while I read Psalms and meditated in the crisp, still Colorado morning. I cleaned my kitchen, watered the plants and even put in a load of laundry. How's the for productive?

Hunter and I took Milo on a walk down a new trail. One hand was safely tucked in his and the other clutched the camera. He listened patiently as I declared that "I simply MUST become a better photographer" (as if our lives depended on it) and supported me by pointing out photo-worthy beauties along the way. I just love that man <3





I found the perfect vintage tablecloth to cover my lamp shades for $3 at my favorite thrift store!





I also found the sweetest vintage note card sets you've ever seen. To be honest I probably need more cute notecards like I need another snowstorm in May... I'm thinking about putting them in my Etsy shop if I can get a picture that does them justice (see above in regards to picture taking ability).

I think I'll wrap up this ramble and do some crafting while I listen to Avett Brothers Pandora radio. Let the to dos simmer (fine they're a rolling boil by now) I'm basking in God's glory and delicious vitamin D... I was long overdue for a good Sabbath.

1 comment:

  1. I freaking love your blog!!! You are so cute and I'm glad we are friends! Guess what? I found a fun project for us to do together sometime! We could try making it glutton free/ sugar free? Check it out, and let me know what you think! Avett Brothers rule.

    http://iammommy.typepad.com/i_am_baker/2010/04/mothers-day-garden-party.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...