Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Away We Go

So last night Hunter, Ashley & Milo had a much needed quiet night in :) We spent the last amazing week with my incredible family. They came out for a belated Christmas and we spent 3 of those days in Silverthorn. Hunter's family even joined us and the whole Grimes-Greeno fam partied. Such a blesssing! I have lots of pictures of that soon.



For now I just wanted to take a moment and talk about the greatness of the movie Away We Go. We snuggled up, indulged in Snickers ice cream bars, cried a little and laughed until my rapidly expanding mid section really hurt.

Did I love this movie because in a few short weeks I'll be as largely pregnant as Verona is? Yes. Did I love it because I have a pretty major crush on John Krasinski? Yes. (No worries, I'm pretty sure my husand does too). Did I love it because of Maggie Gyllenhaal's outrageous, stroller hating, seahorse loving character? Yes, probably.



It is just the sweetest thing I've watched in awhile. Bert is a sweet, funny, kind of awkward soon-to-be dad who is absolutely and steadfastly in love with his lady and ecstatic (& slightly insecure) about their quickly coming daughter. I love his character and the way he is encouraging, supportive and not ashamed to be head-over-heels for Verona in a really real way.

I'm extra emotional and mushy right now but I just wanted to share a great movie for anyone who's interested. I obviously recommend it :)

Have a happy Sunday! <3 Ash

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love this movie and I quote from it but not alot of people have seen it lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...