Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Get your craft on: 10 minute onesie

Yesterday I was in super productive mode. I took an internet vacation and it was good! My house is clean, laundry is done AND I did a craft :) So here it is. The 10 minute onesie (and a headband too).

*Quick side note before we get started. I seriously glue gunned this bad boy together & I have some doubts about it surviving the wash. I think I'll add a few stitches for reinforcement so I may have to call it a 15 minute project. If you're real fancy you could even use your sewing machine.

Let's start with the headband. I cut some cute ribbon that I already had and glued it to a little but of elastic. Ta-dah! A headband :) Then I added a rosette of course. (They're so easy! Just cut a strip of fabric. Tie a knot in one end. Twist and glue!) For those of you who like nice & neat projects, I'm sure there is a much nicer way to make a headband, but for those of you who want to take cute pictures of your baby girl in a new headband in a minute and a half-do this!

Now for the onesie. First I did this cute ruffle on the butt! It was so simple and I really would recommend gluing it first even if you're going to add stitching because it seems like it would make life easier that way. You just find a cute ribbon and basically loop and glue all the way across.

Next I made a larger rosette (by twisting a longer strip of fabric) and glued it to the front of the onseie with a ribbon stem. It's a little heavy and the part I'm most worried about falling off. Anyway, that's it. Pretty cute huh!? And now, my lovely model.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. adorable! and i love the colors you used. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! I love this idea. I pinned something similar not too long ago.. it was a lollipop though. Love the flower. You're crafty. ;0)
    hehe... Cloth diaper badonkadonk. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...