Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Monday Miracle

If you didn't get a chance to read yesterday's post, I was pretty excited about giving my time back to God and letting Him take care of it for me. So I took a craft fast (aka I cleaned my gross house instead of painting or baking). After a few loads of laundry and some sweeping in the living room I decided it was time to fix the long white curtains. They are hung too low and the extra fabric just lays on the ground and gets all filthy.

So I threw them all in the wash and tried to decide if it would be a better use of my time to hem the curtains or move all the hardware and curtain rods up higher. As I contemplated I worked on some other things and when it came time to "line dry" the curtains (by hanging them up wet) I realized one accidentally made it into the dryer with the other laundry.

Sure enough, the curtain had shrunk. The amazing thing is that it now fits per.fect.ly. I threw the others in the dryer so fast and cranked it up to high. An hour later I had a living room full of perfectly fitting white curtains AND extra time on my hands to love on my baby and work on my Sugar Mama blog and newsletter!

I know it seems like a silly small thing but I felt really blessed by my curtain miracle. Praise Jesus for not having to get out the sewing machine OR power tools! And Praise Jesus for being so much more powerful than all the things I fill up my time with.

1 comment:

  1. It's so awesome to feel taken care of in the small things :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...