Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Tithing my time.

I recently came across this blog & it spoke so much truth to me! Hunter and I have experienced God's faithfulness and provision over and over again when we trust Him with our finances. So why do I think that the same God who provides us with enough money to somehow make the ends meet every month shouldn't be in charge of my time as well? Lately I've totally been resting in Matthew 6:25&26


Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns and yet your heavenly father feeds them Are you not much more valuable than they?
and Matthew 6:28&29

And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

But it's like I skipped right over verse 27, because instead of worrying about money I just started stressing about my time! There never seems to be enough to get everything done and to be a good mom, wife, friend, sister, daughter, runner, crafter, cupcake business owner, housekeeper, grocery shopper, etc...

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?



Bam! There it is. I definitely hear a little sarcasm in Jesus' voice when I read it.

"Um... hello!? I'm what's important. Not crafts. Give your time to ME & just see what happens. I'll probably even make you a little extra time for crafts, because I'm awesome like that, but give me the first of your time. You suck at scheduling, so I'll take it from here."

I wonder what pastor Aaron would think if he saw my interpretation of that verse? ha! Probably ask me to be a guest speaker next week. Doesn't matter. That's how it makes sense to me and the whole point is that it does make sense to me now. I'm giving Him the first of my time in the morning so that He can be in control of the rest of my time all day. I feel great about it because I know He is going to do SO MUCH BETTER than me!


Thanks for the pep talk Katie. I'm excited to tithe my time with you!


1 comment:

  1. LOVED this. And definitely my favorite verse in the WHOLE bible. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...