Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Full-time mama


It's official. As of today I am no longer employed as a leasing consultant at The Highline on Cherry Creek. It's weird. I'm so sure that this is where I'm supposed to be and God has provided in awesome ways and reassured us that it's the right choice... I'm just nervous.

Confession: I just feel like if I was working a full-time job then I would have an "excuse" if I messed up as a mom. That's lame I know. I'm embarrassed I typed it. Because the truth is I know I'll mess up. A lot. It all goes back to the whole humility concept. Sometimes I'm afraid of going for things 100% because then if you fail everyone knows that you gave it your all... and that wasn't enough. But I'm seeing that in myself and I'm trying to push myself harder. What is the point of doing everything half ass just so it seems like you're successful at everything- when really you're not really succeeding at anything because you're taking the easy way out?

Yikes.

All that to say I'm pumped to give motherhood my whole 100%. I'm going to give it everything I have and that is not going to be anywhere near enough. Luckily, I have a ton of support and a perfect God on my side so Lil is in good hands :)

In other closely related news: we're now living on half the income so I'll be couponing for the rest of the morning. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. yay for a one income fam! you can do it ashley...for reals. thanks for wearing your heart on your sleeve. your post is a good reminder of truth. we don't half ass round here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow honey. What a great post. I must have missed it before. You will never be sorry for your choice. Unless you become extremely materialistic in the future (which I highly doubt). It isn't easy but it is sooooo rewarding. I love you and believe in you 100%!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too missed this post until now. Great post I love your honesty and I couldnt agree more. Yay for full time moms :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...