Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sashes to the Merchants

Proverbs 31 has been on my heart constantly lately. How can I be more like this fabulous woman of God? Her husband and children adore her. She is hard-working, productive, wise and generous. She's crafty, arguably fashionable (v22), and it seems to me she doesn't sleep.

huh.

I just seem to fall very very short of this measure. Some days I get so bummed about it too. I am definitely trying to work hard at my business and I pray that it will be a blessing to my family and to others. I stay up late... early mornings though? Time-management. What?

Anyway, when Jessi emailed me about Sashes to the Merchants, which is name after Proverbs 31, I was so so excited! She and Ellen have created this space for a community of women to "gather". I can't wait to connect with other women and moms who are trying to figure this all out too. Today is the official kickoff. Head over and check it out!
Sashes

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley - the fruits of your labor over at your Etsy shoppe look delicious! I have been struggling with the art/work-family balance too. I was just talking about it with my husband. Proverbs 31 is quite an ideal to look up to! But thanks for prompting me to look at it today... "idle hands" indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Victoria! It's such a hard balance to find. Luckily we serve a God who is full of grace :) I can't wait to check out some of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, Ashley! That's a tough one to follow, that Proverbs 31. I'm over on Sashes too:) Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing sashes with everyone! We are all striving for Proverbs 31. It's only possible through Christ. In the journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather! Love your site! So excited to see you more over at Sashes :) Jami- I'm so excited to have a whole community of women to strive with! Love your Tuesday encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little bit of humor on the Proverbs 31 woman. She is pretty amazing, isn't she? :0)
    I checked out the new blog you shared... It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew, I hear ya! I just wrote a post about how I want to take a nap! Looking forward to snooping more around your blog and Sashes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...