Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Speaking of Fair Trade Chocolate...

I made truffles... Halloween truffles!!!


For some reason I always used to think that truffles would be really hard to make. I mean they seem so fancy shmancy. But then a friend some fabulous truffles and swore they were easy.


So I found this recipe... and it was easy!
I made a few adjustments & came up with a gluten/dairy free, vegan version:


Beat cream cheese until smooth and add powdered sugar gradually.
Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla (or espresso or mint) until there are no more streaks.
Scoop onto cookie sheet with a small cookie scoop and chill for 1 hour in fridge.
Shape them with your hands and roll in fun decorations! (powdered sugar, cocoa, sprinkles, coconut, etc)

See?! Super easy. Gluten free. Vegan. Organic. FAIR TRADE. Plus you'll probably impress everyone at your Halloween party. Definitely tell them they were really hard ;)
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Those look so good! I didn't know making truffles was easy - I guess I'll have to try it out!

    Guess what? I had a dream last night we moved back to Denver, and it was soo much fun to hang out with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks SO yummy!!
    new follower from the follower's fest!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've always been curious about gluten free! those pictures look too yummy and the recipe is just perfectly simple. I will be making this! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still my preggo heart! These truffles look amazing! Stopping by from Followers Fest and very happy I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Love this post and your blog,. So glad I found it through FF. Seriously going to make these bad boys tomorrow. Hope you will stop by for a visit
    http://nataliensor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have to try those! New follower from followfest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by new friends!! Hope you all are happy with you TRUFFLES!! It's so good to have you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...